Turmeric Ginger & Lemon Tonic Tea
1/4 Cup Grated Fresh Turmeric Root (or 1 TBS Ground Turmeric)
2 TBS Grated Fresh Ginger Root
Fresh Mint to Taste
4 cups water
1/4 Cup Honey
1. To prepare the tea, peel and grate the turmeric and the ginger root.
2. Place in a soup pot with mint and add water.
3. Bring to mixture to a boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Strain the mixture into a clean glass container. Allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes.
5. Juice the lemon and pour into the turmeric tea along with the honey and cinnamon.
Note: This infusion can also be consumed at room temperature or warm.
Prep Time: Approx. 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approx. 20 Minutes
Yields: About 4 Servings