Cheesy Broccoli & Carrot Soup
48 oz Chicken Stock
24 oz Uncooked Broccoli, Cut into Chunks
8 oz Baby Carrots
4 oz Raw White Cheddar Cheese
1 oz Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, Sliced
1 1/2 Cup Cooked Cauliflower, Cut into Small Chunks
1/2 Cup Organic Half & Half
1 tsp Avocado Oil
2 tsp Granulated Garlic
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 Large Bay Leaves
1. Add 1 tsp avocado oil to a medium pot and heat over medium heat.
2. Once oil is hot add sliced onion and sauté until just tender.
3. Turn heat to high and add chicken stock, broccoli, carrots and spices. Leave cauliflower to the side. Bring to a boil then lower to medium and cook, covered for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are desired tenderness.
4. Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Add cheese and cream, pureeing until combined.
5. Toss in chopped cauliflower and serve hot.
Note: Can serve with extra cheese sprinkled on top. Will hold in the fridge for about 5 days.
Prep Time: Approx. 10 Minutes
Cook Time: Approx. 15 Minutes
Yield: About 5-6 Servings