3 TBS Olive Oil
3 Oz Celery
5 Oz Onion
4 Oz Green Pepper
2 Cans Red Kidney Beans, Drained & Rinsed
1 Lbs Ground Bison
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
1 ½ TBS Fresh Minced Garlic
3 Cans Tomato Sauce
1 ½ Cup Water or Broth of Choice
6 TBS Chili Powder (Add more if desired)
1. Dice celery, onion and green pepper.
2. Mince garlic and set to the side.
3. Add oil to your pot and heat until oil begins to ripple. Sauté celery, onion, and pepper in olive oil until staring to soften, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, cook one more minute.
4. Add bison and break up meat as you are cooking. Continue to cook and stir occasionally until meat is no longer pink then drain off excess fat.
5. Add beans, tomato sauce, water and spices.
6. Simmer for about 1 hour or until thick and flavors have melded.
Note: Can sub pasture raised ground beef in place of bison. Can be kept in the fridge 4-5 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
Prep Time: Approx. 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approx 1 hours
Yields: 4-5 32 oz jars