Golden Milk Latte
1 TBS Fresh Turmeric, Peeled and Grated
1 TBS Fresh Ginger, Peeled and Grated
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Coconut Oil or Ghee
1 tsp Raw Honey or Monkfruit Sugar
2 Cups Coconut Milk or Dairy Alternative of Choice
1. Combine grated turmeric root, grated ginger root, ground cinnamon and coconut oil or ghee in a mortar and pestle.
2. Grind ingredients together until a thick paste forms.
3. In a small saucepan combine your paste and coconut milk or dairy alternative of choice and heat over medium heat until warmed through.
4. Remove from heat and cover, letting steep about 5 minutes.
5. Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer, stir in honey or monkfruit sugar and enjoy.
Note: Sprinkle with cinnamon, cardamom or any other spices of choice. Best when served warm.
Prep Time: Approx. 5 Minutes
Cook Time: Approx. 5-6 Minutes
Yield: 1 Serving