Banana Nut Quinoa Muffins
1 C Quinoa Flour
1 C Rice Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cardamom
4 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sea Salt, Fine
1/4 C Honey
1/2 C Monk Fruit or Raw Sugar
4 Each Eggs
1 C Diary Free Yogurt
2 tsp Vanilla
4 Each Banana
1/4 Cups Coconut Oil
1 Each Banana, Diced
1/2 C Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened
1 C Walnuts, Sprouted, Chopped
1 TBS Flax Seed
4 TBS Rice Flour
4 TBS Sugar, Raw
2 TBS Refrigerated coconut oil
1. Cut together flax seed, sugar, flour and coconut oil. Set aside.
2. Mash 4 bananas and blend with vanilla, oil and yogurt. set aside.
3. Stir together the flours, cinnamon, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
4. Dice banana and mix with coconut, and walnuts, set aside.
5. Beat together honey, sugar and eggs until fluffy about 2 minutes. Stir in yogurt, vanilla and mashed banana. Stir in dry ingredients until just incorporated, do not over mix.
6. Fold in diced banana, coconut, and walnuts.
7. Portion into prepared muffin tins and fill to 2/3rds full. Top with flax seed mixture.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pans for about 8 minutes. Invert muffin tins and tap gently to remove from pans.
10. Continue cooling on wire racks until completely cooled.
Note: Store in air tight container at room temp for 3 days can also freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Prep Time: Approx. 20 Minutes
Baking Time: Approx. 20-25 Minutes
Yields: 12 Muffins