Millet with Seeds and Fruit
1 Cup Millet
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
3 Cups Water
Pinch of Sea Salt
Almond or Coconut Milk for Serving
1. Rinse and drain millet.
2. Dry-roast sunflower seeds in a skillet over medium heat until they smell nutty, approximately 4 minutes then set to the side.
3. Bring water to boil and add millet.
4. Lower heat and cook, covered, for about 30 minutes.
5. When done, fluff and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Add seeds, cranberries and desired amount of milk and serve.
Note: Combine with any fruit of choice for an easy breakfast porridge. Dust with cinnamon or other spices for more flavor. Extra portions can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Prep Time: Approx. 5 minutes
Cooking Time: Approx. 35 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings