Whole Grain Porridge
1/2 Cup Cooked Quinoa, Cooked Brown Rice
or Combination of Both
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Cardamom
1 1/2 Cup of Almond or Rice Milk
1/2 of Cup Water (exclude water if using cooked
1 Tbsp. Raw Honey, Maple Syrup, or Monk Fruit Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
A Pinch of Sea Salt
A Handful of Cranberries, Nuts and Coconut, to Taste
1. For Quinoa: Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa, season with cinnamon and cardamom, cook until toasted, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
2. Add almond milk, water, vanilla, honey and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until porridge is thick and grains are tender, about 12-15 minutes.
3. For Brown Rice: Skip step #1 and add rice to step # 2
4. Add more water if needed. Stir occasionally, especially at the end, to prevent burning.
5. Top with cranberries, blueberries, nuts and coconut, if desired.
Prep time: Approx. 15 - 20 mins
Yields: 1 Servings