Coconut Flour Pecan Brownies
5 oz Unsalted Butter
12 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
7.5 oz Organic Cane Sugar
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
3.75 oz Coconut Flour
5.25 oz Chopped Pecans
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 9 or 7x11 inch baking pan. You can also line this with parchment first for easier removal.
3. Melt chocolate and butter together in the top of a double boiler.
4. Beat eggs in medium bowl at high speed 1 minute then gradually add sugar while beating constantly. Continue beating until mixture is pale yellow and reaches the consistency of soft-peaked whipped cream, about 4 - 5 minutes.
5. Reduce mixer speed to medium and mix in reserved chocolate mixture and the vanilla until thoroughly combined.
6. Reduce mixer to low speed and mix in flour until completely combined.
7. Stir in nuts then spread evenly into baking pan.
8. Bake about 20-25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
9. Cool completely and cut into 16 squares.
Note: Replace nuts with chocolate chips and substitute brown rice flour for a nut-allergy free version.
Prep Time: Approx. 15-20 Minutes
Cook Time: Approx. 20-25 Minutes
Yield: About 16 Brownies