Crock-Pot Chicken Cacciatore
6 Bone-in Chicken Legs/Thighs with Skin Removed.
1/2 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Green Bell Pepper, Seeds Removed and Diced
2 Cans Diced Tomatoes, Do Not Drain
2 Cups Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
2 TBS Avocado Oil
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Parsley
2 tsp Granulated Garlic
2 Large Bay Leaves
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. In a large skillet heat avocado oil over medium heat.
3. Brown chicken on all sides then set aside.
4. Set crock pot to medium and combine all ingredients, letting cook about 6-8 hours until desired tenderness. For overnight cooking set crock-pot to low setting and let simmer about 10 hours.
5. Enjoy over your favorite veggie noodles or rice.
Note: You can also use boneless chicken breast, but the dark bone-in meat has a more robust flavor.
Prep Time: Approx. 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approx. 6-10 Hours
Yields: Approx. 6 Servings