Green Vegetable Soup
2 TBS Olive or Coconut Oil
2 Medium Zucchini, Medium Sized Dice
1 Pound Green Beans Cut into ½ inch Pieces
2 Stalks Celery, Sliced Thin
1 Cup Great Northern Beans, Strained and Rinsed if Using Canned
2 Cloves Garlic Smashed
½ Onion, Small Sized Dice
1 to 1 ½ Quarts of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 Tomatoes Roughly Chopped
2 TBS Fresh Parsley (Stems & Leaves) Roughly Chopped
Turmeric, Thyme, Cumin, Salt & Pepper to Taste
(Be careful not to add too much cumin or turmeric as these spices can be overpowering)
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
2. Add all the vegetables except tomato, parsley and kelp and sauté until slightly softened.
3. Add chicken or vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Add tomato, herbs and spices, EXCEPT for the kelp flakes and parsley.
4. Cover with the lid slightly ajar and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetable are tender.
5. Add parsley and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with kelp flakes before serving (1/8 tsp per serving).
7. Additional Serving options:
8. Strain and use the broth
9. Serve as a soup with all the vegetables
10. Puree with an immersion blender and serve as a creamy soup
Prep Time: Approx. 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Approx. 30-40 Minutes
Yield: About 4 Servings