Lentil & Veggie Coconut Curry
2 TBS Coconut Oil
2 Red Bell Peppers, Chopped
2-3 Carrots, Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 TBS Fresh Ginger, Grated
2-3 TBS Thai Red Curry Paste (Use less for less spicy curry)
2 TBS Curry Powder
1 (14 ounce ounce) Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
4 cups Vegetable Broth
1 cup Green Lentils, Rinsed
3-4 big Handful Baby Kale, Spinach or Leafy Green of Choice
1 Lime, zest + juice
1. Heat Coconut Oil in a large, shallow pan over medium heat.
2. Add red pepper and carrots, cooking until slightly tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Add Thai Red Curry Paste and Curry Powder and cook another 30 seconds to 1 minute or until Curry is fragrant.
4. Slowly pour broth and coconut milk into pan and stir until all ingredients are evenly combined. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 30-35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
5. Stir in the leafy greens and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until greens are desired tenderness.
6. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice and zest then serve.
Note: Pairs well with rice or quinoa. Add a dollop of Greek yogurt and almonds for garnish.
Prep time: Approx. 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approx. 50 Minutes
Yields: About 4 servings